I took and edited this video of people fishing at the Walnut Creek Access on Saturday 11-18-06. I've embedded them from www.blip.tv and www.youtube.com. If one doesn't work for you, the other one may. Just click on either one. High Speed Connections only.
High resolution version on blip.tv is fist.
blip.tv low resoltuion version
Watch the Video
Low resolution youtube.com
Monday, November 06, 2006
- We decided to go out to dinner on Sunday at the Cracker Barrel on upper Peach as we hadn't tried it yet.
- After ordering, an older woman that was sitting at a nearby table with her elderly husband got up and came over to our table. She said, "You look exactly like...." My brain was trying desperately to think of who she was going to say I looked like. "June Carter Cash. Your hair, you even smile exactly like her." "OH," I said. "HMM, I didn't know." I smiled but I almost died.
- Now I know June Carter Cash was probably a very nice lady but I always thought she was kind of homely. I didn't understand how Johnny Cash was smitten by her. But now, I look like June Carter Cash. Well, my dinner was somewhat ruined. My husband just smiled. When the lady left and sat back down he said he didn't know if it was a compliment or not because he didn't remember what June looked like. I did.
- My husband went to the restroom and when he came back he told me not to take the lady too seriously as he saw her zipping up her husband's pants outside the men's room.
- When I got home I disappeared and my husband found me where he said he knew he would find me.....up here on the computer trying to find pictures of June Carter Cash. I couldn't see it. My hair was nothing like June's hair. Her's was worn mostly straight and parted in the middle with no bangs, kind of hippie-like. Her smile? Maybe a tad similar. When my husband saw the pictures of June, he said I didn't look the least bit like her. The lady was a nut. He didn't use those exact words.
- Well, it was better being called a look-a-like for June Carter Cash than what I had been told before. About 10 years ago a truck driver came into the shipping office I worked at and told me I looked just like Flo, from the sitcom, Alice. Are you kidding me?
Posted by Erie's Argonaut at 6:18 PM