Thursday, July 20, 2006

First Pictures from New Camera

I haven't had time to play much with my camera but I did take a few pictures of my flowers. I left them as raw data but reduced the size to 50%. Blogger will reduce them even more but click on them and see if they will enlarge for you. Full sized they are sharp and clear and very large and could make a good framed print (not these pictures but the size that it can enlarge to when not reduced).

The 7.1 megapixel lets me enlarge quite a bit. The bee in the flower was taken with the camera moving. I quickly brought the camera close to the flower and clicked quickly. I cropped that one. It isn't as sharp as the others but it was in the shade and I was moving the camera.

The camera is the Olympus Stylus 720 SW.

I didn't have any real problem with viewing the LCD screen in outside daylight (it doesn't have a viewfinder) so that was a relief.

The software is very hard to use at least until I study it a bit more. More instructions to go through, bummer.

Click on these to see the larger, better size.



This is my black/red hollyhock. It has a beautiful dark red color.



See the pollen grains on the bee's legs? I should have stayed back a bit and zoomed in on him and I think it would have turned out better.



This is my balloon flower. The plant is gorgeous and a real performer! I love the shape and color of the flowers.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Linda these turned out great.
and they enlarged just fine for me in blogger.
Do you have a macro setting on the camera?
I do and that is what I use when i want to do fine closeups.