Sunday, December 10, 2006

"A Christmas Story" the play.

My husband won some tickets to go see the play "A Christmas Story" (Ralphie wants that BB gun) at the Erie Playhouse.

The only play I have ever seen, outside the plays from back in high school, was a little "tourist trap" one-actor production in Washington DC about the assassination of Lincoln. That, actually, was a good production and I was surprised I kind of liked it. I always turn down a chance to go to live theatre, it's just not my thing. But we had free tickets and I knew it was a quality play from a classic book (and movie).

So we planned the day around being ready to see the play at 7:30 last evening. We didn't have a problem with finding parking. The inside of the theatre was nice, warm and comfortable.

The props were great! The actors were superb! The play, of course, was excellent. We both enjoyed it.

I wouldn't hesitate a second to see another quality play like this one.

No comments: