Thursday, September 22, 2005

Don't Take My Hollyhocks (pic)


  • I can't believe it is Fall. It seems like I just planted my garden. I'm going to wait until the last minute to put my garden things away. I don't want to give up my fountain. I'm trying to talk my husband into having the fountain in the house. Like right in front of my dining room window. It isn't a big fountain, and if I surround it with indoor plants maybe it will make me think I still have my garden. I wonder if one of my smaller hollyhocks could survive indoors in a pot near the fountain and the window?
  • I'm not good at letting go, and I don't want to let go of my garden. If only I could cover my backyard and make it a greenhouse, it is small enough. I never see any greenhouses around here in the winter, there must be a reason. Like snow covering the top? Oh, and the cost of fuel to heat it, I guess I can give up on that idea.
  • Maybe turning on my bird-sounds CD, closing my eyes and turning my face into a full-spectrum light bulb can make me dream I'm back enjoying warm sunshine, birds, butterflies, fireflies, gardens, and running rivers in the upcoming, long, torturous winter.
  • I took this picture of my hollyhocks yesterday. They finally are coming into their own and looking beautiful and soon will be ruined by frost.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Gorgeous! And I like what I see in the background too. I would love a cottage garden and hollyhocks would be my first planting. :)