Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Diet Update

Well, tonight the Biggest Loser is on TV and I really get inspired by it. My goal per week isn't nearly as big as theirs but 2 1/2 pounds a week is adding up. I'm down 13 pounds now and the only hard part is working out when I just don't feel like it. It is so much easier to sit in front of the computer. But I know summer is coming and our Maine vacation is the ultimate goal. I want to hike and bike and enjoy every minute of it. Especially the lobster!

I have a mini goal, too, of Florida. We'll be heading down that way in March. I'm going to be very strict about my eating and working out while I'm there.

Yesterday I wasn't really wanting to work out and I got a call from my husband. Did I work out? Not yet, Ok, I will. We support each other and he is doing better than me. We both feel so much better eating lots of vegetables and less meat. It does take a much bigger portion out of the day having to plan and fix the meals but when we sit down, we really enjoy it.

Tonight when I was clearing the dishes I noticed there wasn't one grain of rice or any food left on our plates. I measure our portions and fix just that amount. We laughed that our plates are so clean now after eating that we could almost put them right back into the cupboard. Actually, there was one grain of rice on my plate that had fallen on the floor. What was that about a 2 second rule? It was close, but no, I didn't eat it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is fantastic Linda.
You just might inspire me to start working out.