Wednesday, February 01, 2006

My First Attempt at Acrylics (pic)

I painted this 5 x 7 on canvas board as soon as I bought my new artist acrylics, before reading any of my books. I thought it would be a good thing to have a starting point so I could see how I improve in the future. I have now read through part of one of my books and I see several problems with this picture but still, other than some of the colors are muddy in the background and some other things, I like it because it matches my Campbell's art pottery (it matches much better than the picture shows). Those aqua rocks are just from my rock garden and they are holding my painting up. I'll find a frame for it and change the paintings out as I make better paintings, however long that takes.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Linda it looks great!!! Just keep painting. I can see you now painting those trout fish sometime soon.

Erie's Argonaut said...

Thanks, Toni. There is a lot to learn about mixing colors and composition. I'm going to read as much as possible and paint, too. practice, practice, practice. I'm thinking about taking some lessons at the art museum when they start their next session.

ron said...

wow, that's incredible! great job on the painting.

Unknown said...

lovely painting!!

Garden Lily said...

Linda - Wow, for a "first" painting, that is amazing!

I'm also planning to try my hand at painting on canvas this year, with a 4'x3' garden/flower painting. My children are 7 yrs and 5 yrs, so this is my first attempt at something for myself.

I also used to enjoy and be recognized for my art in school, but pursued the applied sciences at university, and set that part of me aside. Reading about your house projects and art projects is great inspiration for me.

Thanks for the note about the toxic acrylics, I'll watch out for that when I buy mine.