Friday, March 10, 2006

Back in Dreary Erie and Sick

Right before bedtime on the night before we were leaving Florida my throat suddenly got so sore I almost couldn't swallow. Great, I knew what I was in for. I can only think that I was lucky that it waited until I was leaving and it didn't ruin my vacation. I believe I got exposed on the flight to Florida, so in turn, I suppose I exposed everyone else on my return flight. Enjoy.

We left behind 78 degrees and sunshine and were greeted in Erie with rain. I bet Erie doesn't get but 50 or less full days of full sunshine a year. Something to think about. I have read where lack of sunshine makes people do strange things.

I'm one of those people who try and do a "spring cleaning" to my house before I leave on any trip. I guess it is because if something terrible should happen, I wouldn't want anyone to think I was a slob. I wear myself out and end up exhausted on the first day of any vacation but I get to return home without any housework to do but laundry. The pile is very big. We wore just about everything we brought. But being most everything we brought was summer-like clothes I suppose there is no urgency to get that pile done anytime soon.

Under the influence of my cold remedy, I can manage to do laundry, though I have thought about using it as an excuse to do nothing but sit here and play around with the computer and sniffle.

No comments: