Monday, July 25, 2005

Ch 24 Got It Right

Late last night the lightning was unbelievable. I have never seen anything like it. While I was watching it out my patio door a gust of wind bent my pear tree almost to the ground. I quickly turned the TV on and saw the tornado warnings. Channel 24 was the only channel to have live people on showing you where the rotating clouds were (they were excellent). Ch12, CH35, CH66 had a banner on the bottom of their screen but it came and went. I can't believe a tornado warning didn't warrant a little more than that. In Ch 12's defense, about the time the tornado warning was lifted, Rob Wilson came on live but it wasn't until about 12:45AM. The new weather girl, Rachel Frank, was on at the 11:00 PM news. I suspect this was over her head and they called Rob in. Anyway, it is a good thing something major didn't happen because they dropped the ball. Ch. 35 didn't even have anyone come in and go "live". I guess they don't want to pay the overtime.

No comments: