Friday, July 22, 2005

Summer Ritual

Last evening was so very nice my husband and I drove down to the peninsula to watch the sunset. The sky was spectacular as we drove down Peninsula Drive. And what goes better with the sunset than a Sarah's hot-fudge sundae? The waitress made my sundae right away but for some reason took forever to make my husband's blast. By the time we got out of there, my sundae was half melted and the sun had slipped behind the clouds. Too late to view the sunset but we enjoyed looking at the lake eating our treats. My husband started skipping rocks on the waves and did pretty good. I was always pretty good at skipping rocks in my younger years so I found the perfect rock and gave it my trusty toss. Plunk, barely made it into the water. Funny what a few years will do.

No comments: