Wednesday, June 08, 2005

June 8, 2005

Wrong Again, Naturally
One shovel into the grass and I realized I bit off more than I could chew. Yesterday I said our yard was too small to rent the sod machine. I was wrong, a yard is never to small to get the “machine”. Those grass/weed roots have had 100 years to create a nice weave. The mister was great for keeping me cool but I’m looking at a good 3 more days to remove this grass with a shovel, but hey, that’s part of the fun, right?

Car Chase in California
Luckily, during my many, mucho breaks from digging up my yard, I was entertained by “live” coverage of a car chase of a suspected would-be kidnapper. I watched the whole thing unfold on CNN, FOX, MSNBC, but wouldn’t you know after watching all day, I missed the ending?

Hostage
Which reminds me of the $1 movie we saw last week. What better way to spend a hot day than to sit in the $1 theater? And to think, after the $2 for entry and $8 for popcorn and a drink (we share), we got entertained for only $10. The movie, “Hostage”, has its big holes and problems but I actually was very entertained by it and I’m pretty critical of movies. I hate it when we waste our time and money on junk movies.

Nice People
I read about Bettis at the Edinboro Auction and Caryn Kadavy in the Golf Buddy section this morning in the Erie Times News. There seems to be at least two nice people left in the professional sporting world.

Google

I went to the Google page and was stumped to what the heck that picture is suppose to be, I thought it was building blocks (Kindergarden Day? There is a day designated for just about everything). I just figured out the rendition of the word Google on the Google search page. It is Falling Water and other buildings built by Frank Lloyd Wright. Today is his birthday.

No comments: